Thursday, January 28, 2010

Her Dark Hair

A cushioned fall

oblivious young lovers frenetic with passion

& consuming desires

we fell many storeys

& as we fell the ground rushed up to meet us

but it was always a soft landing


with the ferocity of otters in rut

we tore snouts & grunted with sweaty abandon

when I came up for air your hair was intoxicating

in its black lustre & I was claimed


The hook I found later embedded in my lungs

was as sweet as your sex & I breathed it deep

what came next I could never have imagined

in the very beginning; a chest-pain horizon

when I came up for air

I was dying the death of a dog

but no hairball; only one black strand


I pushed you back into the pillows

a spent force of endorphins & ecstasy

staggering - like a drunk on his last bender -

I caught the sink with desperate hands

in the mirror I saw a floating face

with white splotches & one dark hair

hanging from my mouth


The blood rushed from my penis

as the rubber slipped & I thought:


“SOMEONE’S GONNA HAFTA CLEAN

THAT UP SOONER OR LATER!”


when the wet ‘Thwack’ of sperm

& vaginal juices hit the bathroom floor


As I pulled that lone hair

I knew the end drew nigh

for it was more than I could give

when I came up for air

the sink brimmed full with festering hopes

& mouldering desires


You fell back into cushions

with a mournful sigh

- a black-maned lioness -

but the Goddess only knew

I would never be the same.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! That went places I wasn't expecting!

    ReplyDelete