Monday, August 16, 2010

Said Hello to the Clouds

I spoke to the clouds one day

up there in the rarefied air

They weren't very good listeners

flitting by in their cloudy way

but since clouds are born gossips

I had no lack of conversation



I told them about you

how you put butterflies in my stomach

with a word or a glance

& how your smile is so brilliant

it's the eighth wonder of my world



They said- "Oh yes, we know that smile,

she visits from time to time

& we dance in the currents of her eyes."



They said your eyes were sapphires

the colour of ozone and the ocean

shifting from bright azure

to grey goodbye

startling even to such as them



They told me of rivers & lakes

that sparkled in the motes

of the westering sun

yet nothing could hold a candle

to the magnificence of your smile



Then they told me of dreams

when you were off away with them

from fantastic surmise

to nightmare cries

and sleepwalking until sunrise



The clouds carried me across

the Great Divide in the jet stream

spoke to me of hunger & drought

fire & flood & famine

and showed me wastelands of regret



They said- "You crossed this way before

but you lost your way."

Then they told me to follow my dreams

trust to my instincts

& to never lose heart



The clouds spoke to me that day

& they said to say hi

drop by when your eyes are clear

your smile is near

& your heart is in want of nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment